The Indian passenger vehicle segment is set to witness a slew of new models from renowned brands, all priced below the 10 lakh rupee mark. Here’s a quick overview of what’s on the horizon:
1. New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Swift
· Expected Launch: First half of 2024
· Notable Features: Evolutionary exterior changes, revamped interior, and a 1.2L hybrid petrol engine.
2. New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Dzire
· Expected Launch: H2 2024
· Key Highlights: Utilizes the same hybrid petrol engine as the Swift, promising impressive fuel efficiency. Design and interior changes in sync with the new Swift.
3. New-Gen Honda Amaze
· Expected Launch: 2024
· What’s New: Third-generation Amaze with a fresh exterior design inspired by Honda’s global sedans like the Accord. Existing petrol engine and gearbox combo may continue.
4. Tata Punch EV
· Expected Launch: Next month
· Tech Marvel: Electric version of the Punch micro-SUV with Ziptron technology and an estimated range of around 350 km.
5. Kia Sonet Facelift
· Expected Launch: Early 2024
· Facelift Highlights: Cosmetic updates influenced by the refreshed Seltos, with minor cabin improvements.
6. Mahindra XUV300 Facelift
· Expected Launch: Around the same time
· What’s Inside: Interior overhaul inspired by the XUV700 and Scorpio N, while the trusted 1.2L petrol and 1.5L diesel engines are likely to remain.
7. Toyota Urban Cruiser Taisor
· Anticipated Arrival: Before the end of this year
· Sibling Rework: A rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Fronx, named the Urban Cruiser Taisor. Minimal changes inside and out compared to the donor vehicle.
8. Tata Nexon Facelift CNG
· Expected Arrival: Next year
· Eco-Friendly Option: The Tata Nexon’s CNG variant is in the pipeline, utilizing the 1.2L petrol engine. Multiple trim options could be on the table.
With these exciting offerings in the pipeline, the Indian automotive market is poised to provide budget-conscious consumers with a range of compelling options in the sub10 lakh segment.